Saturday, April 18, 2015

Leader Of The Week!

Hi everyone! This is Alisha from Missing Tooth Grins!

missingtoothgrins.blogspot.com

A little about myself: This is my fifth year teaching. I taught second grade for three years and this is my second year in first grade. First grade is definitely where my heart belongs. I love it. I am also recently engaged and we have two furbabies, Jasper and Sadie. 

Today, I'm going to talk to you about my Leader of the Week table. I think it's really important to make students feel special and one way I go about doing so is highlighting them as the Leader of the Week. 

Here's a picture of my Leader of the Week desk:

We used to have one of those giant exercise balls instead of the chair, but it kind of deflated from each kid bouncing on it so much. It got a lot of use out of it though! They loved that thing! This desk sits by my guided reading table (which I also use as a desk when I need one). 


To make my banner, I used the KG font, A Little Swag. Then, I just cut the letters out and glued them to bulletin board paper and laminated! Also, I should point out that this picture was taken at the beginning of the year. That's why it looks so clean and bare :) Don't worry, I have things on the wall now. :)

I announce my LOTW every Friday. I decide based off of behavior for the week. Every child in my room has been LOTW by now and some have been twice! 

They get a special treat on the desk every Monday when they are LOTW and a certificate. You can click on the picture below to get the certificate!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5qbxVJbDhb-dXJhWk5tSmN2bU0/view?usp=sharing

They also get special rewards throughout the week like picking the gonoodle video, using markers instead of crayons, tracks our class goals, etc. They also get to take home something special to bring back and that I hang up in the hallway!


They get a One Smart Cookie pack and bring back an about me sheet with pictures! Then it's put on our One Smart Cookie part on our door. You can find that pack by clicking the picture below:

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/One-Smart-Cookie-Student-of-the-Week-1402901


Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed it and it helps you implement a LOTW if you are interested :)

1 comment:

  1. Love this! I've struggled with classroom jobs all three years I've been teaching!😔

    ReplyDelete