Saturday, August 15, 2015

Back to School Classroom Makeover DIY on a Budget

Let's face it, as teachers we LOVE to craft, organize, and make our rooms so stinkin' cute for the upcoming school year! We think about our plans all summer, but after all of that dreaming, we stop and realize that it can cost a TON of money to change a theme/decor EVERY year! Well, good thing you stopped by because I'm here to help you save money in your classroom while giving it a total makeover! :)





I don't know about you but I LOVE having everything match. This is such an easy way to get more decor to go with your classroom theme! All I did was take out the drawers and spray paint the plastic outer part! Such an easy way to add your classroom colors in without having to buy anything new (just the paint!;) )







Painting baskets has changed my life!! I use baskets for our classroom library, turning in papers, and for each table "cluster". It's always so hard to find the colors you want! You can find these baskets at the dollar store or even in the Target dollar section! Just spray paint them like you did to the drawers and voila! 








Need I say more? I use these for EVERYTHING! 

My favorite is painting tin cans to match my table colors for the "community markers" and "community colored pencils". The kiddos keep their own crayons in their pencil boxes. 


**Not pictured** I also paint the bigger ones (top picture) to match the table colors and use those for community markers. Whenever we need markers, the kiddos grab their "color". This makes them accountable for their own markers and know that I will know if they don't keep them organized (with the caps ON! ;) ).




I found this tutorial from Briana over at Sun, Sand, and Second Grade! It's super easy and cheap and looks so stinkin cute! Check out her blog to get your tutorial! (Her picture is also WAY cuter!!)



Briana's is ROCKING! I can't wait to get back into my classroom and add some cute ribbon like she did! :)





This is another thing that has helped me stay SO organized and they are SO cheap! You can get a pack of 5 for 1.99!!





This idea came from another awesome blogger. She used PVC pipes to make small pocketchart stands! It's perfect for my small groups! I didn't get a chance to take a picture of how mine turned out but you can check out Marvelous Multiagers, who did a fantastic job of showing how to make these!!







Thanks for checking out this post and please don't hesitate to ask any questions that you may have! 

1 comment:

  1. Can you tell us more about how you painted the bins and baskets? Miss there a certain kind of spray paint you used so it won't scratch or chip? Thanks!
    - Katy
    firstgradekate@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete