Sunday, August 23, 2015

Sample from 1stgradefireworks

Hi GUYS!
It's Wendy McCarty
from
1stgradefireworks!
I have been teaching for ..um...26 YEARS!
( WOW!!..NOT feeling OLD or anything..)  :)

So...I just wanted to share with you some things I use in MY classroom.
I teach in a title 1 classroom in NORCAL.
25-27 students...no full-time assistants...and this year 8 languages!
*disclaimer...ALL of MY kiddos SPOKE English.

WE did fine! ( Though I did use translators to conference with parents ).
I can "communicate" with parents,
 but when it came to hard core "ACADEMIC" discussions...
I wanted to make sure we were ALL on the same page!

So...
One of MY BIGGIES...is VOCABULARY!
How can I teach a child to retell, use inferences, discuss character traits
if they don't have the VOCABULARY to attach knowledge to?

So I use LOTS..I mean LOTS ..of vocabulary in my classroom!

In most, not all, but MOST, of my ELA units,
I include vocabulary cards.
My newest packet
FALL..




I have included vocabulary cards to help ANYONE..not just EL's 
with reading, writing, and UNDERSTANDING! Pictures are a MUST!

Here is a sample of the vocabulary cards..
JUST FOR YOU! ENJOY!
(Click HERE to print)



If you would like to see the complete unit, 
you can check it out here.

Happy SUNDAY!
* Don't forget to follow iTeachFirst on Bloglovin'..Facebook...& Pinterest!

Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment