Sunday, May 10, 2015

Yara Habanbou Reading Comprehension with ESL Students

Hi all! We are officially back to school now (Australia). I can also say that with all the 'planning' that I had done in my head during the holidays - that I still have a long way to go! :)

Today, I'd love to share a tip & a sample from my Reading Comprehension Pack specifically written for my ESL students. I find that my ESL learners are constantly overwhelmed by the amount of written words which are on a paper and seem to completely shut down when they get the same reading activity as mainstream students. So, I wrote up some reading comprehension texts which include similar themes but are extremely beneficial to these students. 

They include a number of sight words in each text and just enough to not overwhelm them as they read along and answer the questions. 

Just click on the image below to grab the freebie!








No comments:

Post a Comment